amarok release party location

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:06:34 CEST 2007

On Sunday 26 August 2007 08:58:44 Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> On Sunday 26 August 2007, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> > On 26/08/07, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > We just decided on the amarok2 release party locations.
> >
> > OK, but _when_ will they be?
>
> I'd propose end of January, beginning of February, shortly after the KDE
> 4.0 release party[1]. But since I' m only on IRC sporadically at the
> moment, I don't know what you guys have already planned.
>
> Max
>
> [1] http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/6515.html

The very release day, though this release day is not going to be as the usual
release days where we usually do all sorts of pre-release crap, we actually
have to prepare everything before the party.

Reason: live release.
I want to have a live stream from the release party, where I can "push the
button live", it's not common to do a release that way, so it probably will
gain some extra promotional effect.

As for the weekend wish of Leo: yes, it has to be a weekend, since I plan on
being 100% useless the next day ;-)
I guess Saturday is a good idea for doing that, though Friday is probably more
appreciated for commercial visitors (e.g. press).

Within the next days I'll drop a wiki page in rokymotion featuring some
further things I noted about the party organisation etc. Meanwhile you might
have a look at the stormed brain page on ako
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Party/2.0

Also this will become the public page with information as I also want to
encourage the community to do parties all over the world.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com
amarok.kde.org     Good news everyone!     Jabber: apachelogger at kdetalk.net