Plasma + MoodBar ( my first applet )

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Aug 24 16:58:13 CEST 2007

I'd just like to say how awesome it is that someone did contribute a
Plasma applet already! A real "build it and they will come." We should
put together a guide to writing Amarok plasmoids at some point, I
think it could be a good developer recruiting tool.

On 8/24/07, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de> wrote:
> Sending Nikolaj's e-mail to Mario too.

Mario is subscribed now. :)

> Mario, you can get data for the current track from the "amarok-current"
> dataengine (in src/context/engines/current). If you need more data from the
> engine(fx the url), please tell us.
>
> Leo, can we make the dataengine return a QVariantMap instead of a
> QVariantList? That would make it a lot easier to return new entries from the
> data engine without breaking backwards compatibility. The Xesam guys have
> defined names for the different fields of audio metadata, we could use those
> names as keys.

Don't we have fields they don't have yet? And perhaps we'll have
Amarok-specific stuff. Anyways I don't really want to start a bikeshed
discussion on this.