launching applets

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 05:26:37 CEST 2007

On 8/17/07, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:

> On 8/16/07, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > that said, i don't really have any idea of what a better system could
> be. so
> > i'm completely open to ideas... ideally i'd like to write something up
> > relatively soon, so feel free to just toss ideas out and i can try them.
> >
> > leo
>
> Well the problem is that the context view has several different
> states. Which isn't really implemented yet?
>
> I would do that first with a static configuration (keeping the ability
> to add arbitrary plasmoids for debugging purposes) and then maybe let
> the various plasmoid chips fall into place. Will be more clear what we
> would need from the UI.

on second thought, i think we can ignore the state issue completely. it
would be really complicated, both code and UI and usability wise, for users
to be able to add applets to states that they currently aren't in. so
scratching that.... i'm think of maybe stealing the Raptor menu from KDE, or
something like that. its pretty smooth, but i don't know how far along it is
(doesn't really work here, but pinheiro's mockup looks nice enough :)

leo

Ian

Leo Franchi
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125