rokymotion for hardcore development stuff

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:08:52 CEST 2007

I think we should differe the actual development stuff from the amarok wiki,
where only user relevant information should reside (i.e. usage howtos, distro
information, etc. In general one can think of the AKO wiki as a gigantic FAQ,
just more usable. I'm actually planing on moving everything over to
rokymotion, which doesn't have any value to the user, this way we can also
cut the features in the wiki skin down to a minimum, since we don't need to
have a full featured wiki for that ... IMHO ... that thats still to be
thought about.

For future creations, please use the rokymotion wiki.

When creating a page just use Devel/XY... e.g.
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Devel/Windows_2.0_Development_HowTo

By using Devel/XY a link will be added at the very top of the page, leading
to /Devel which redirects to
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Category:Development. Therefore you should
add the development category to every document in /Devel/ (there is a nice
GUI at the bottom of the edit view to do this).

Something you might consider: Mediawiki sorts alphabetically on Category
pages, so using meaningful names is somewhat preferable, like starting
Windows related pages with Windows_ so that they all get listed in a row.

For login to rokymotion you already need an OpenID (e.g. your AIM account url
or one from myopenid.com) - in fact any other openid might work as well, just
those two are confirmed to work.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com