[Panel-devel] Amarok & plasma themes

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Aug 3 06:26:12 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de> wrote:
> kind of dbus api. The question is just how to design the dbus api.
> The obvious solution is that we, the Amarok developers, write a dataengine
> which communicates with Amarok using dbus all the time, using a custom dbus
> interface. (There's some optimisation potential here when the engine is
> actually loaded by amarok, but i don't think that will be necessary).

Everything that happens on a track change is speed-critical since
something that bogs things down too much can cause noticable pauses
(especially in single-procs)... also when a song begins is when your
mostly likely to want to look at this stuff.

Anyways straight-up dbus might still be fast enough.

As far as what lfranchi is working on, probably wouldn't be hard to
switch to a dbus-based system from the current libamarok-system in the
future, so I would say he already has plenty to worry about currently.
:)