Fwd: amarok+kross

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Sun Apr 15 12:58:50 CEST 2007

Subject: amarok+kross
Date: Friday 13 April 2007 01:28
From: Sebastian Sauer <mail at dipe.org>
To: markey at web.de

Hi markey,

not that long time ago we had a short talk about the possibility to use Kross
in Amarok for scripting and since the state was absolut unsure and since I
still like to know if there that state changed somehow, I just use the good
old email to update my knowledge about it :)

So, iirc the main issues was;
in-process scripting like Kross does may not be the best solution since it
trades speed against stability (as in a bug/crash in the scripting backend
may take down the whole app)

Are there more issues? May an alternate be used and if yes, which alternate?

Thanks in advance for any update and may it be only a 'nothing changed here'
update :)

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc