[akademy-participant] Caff help needed

AnneWilson anne at lydgate.org
Wed Aug 20 11:54:07 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 10:32:11 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> I dunno what caff is but I wonder - why not try kgpg? I don't know
> much about the whole key signing stuff, but KGPG seemed to work just
> fine ;-)

It did occur to me that that was a possibility, but using caff has always been
the recommended way.  I think that's because it signs the keys and notifies
the key owner, appending a signed copy of the key, but doesn't upload them.
The key owner can then upload when all the amendments have been received.

The problem with caff is that if you are not a perl programmer it is a hassle
understanding which modules are missing and how to get them.  With help I've
fought this for 3 days, and now meet this problem.  The same thing happened
last year, wrt perl modules, but I don't recall this last bit occurfing.

Anne