Nepomuk vs Baloo in Plasma Active?

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Wed Mar 4 01:01:38 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I'm working on getting Plasma Active to build from source for me, and have
a question.  While building I got a message that cmake could not find
nepomuk, so I went a'googling to find out what that was and found this on
the KDE wiki:
<https://userbase.kde.org/Nepomuk#Baloo_is_the_next_generation_of_semantic_search>
which seems to indicate that Nepomuk is deprecated from the perspective of
main KDE.  Is that the case?

I'm wondering if Plasma Active has a plan to move to Baloo, or already has
in a branch somewhere, or plans not to because Nepomuk works better for the
mobile use case.  Just curious about the state of things -- I couldn't find
anything obvious by googling "plasma active baloo" and similar phrases.

Thanks!

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted