Active Android?

Joseph Anania joseph.anania at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:40:50 UTC 2015

Getting Mer installed on devices and supporting hardware seems to be an uphill battle.  Has anyone attempted to package plasma active for android?

I know that active has been put on hold for the transition to Frameworks 5, but the port should make it easier to at least bring some active apps to android.  Even though it isn't native like KDE on windows it could be useful and keep interest in the project.  If there is enough interest Plasma active can expand to further Android integration by forking cyanogenMod  and running plasma directly on top of Android's userland.

By the end of this year flash storage capacity will explode when the 3D nand tech starts to reach consumers.  This means dependency storage space will not be such an issue going forward.