PA 4 update release?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 17:42:52 UTC 2014

On Saturday 25 January 2014, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi...
>
> there were some changes in kde-workspace in 4.11 that breaks the build of
> plasma-mobile. yet another person came into #active on irc tonight stumped
> by this. plasma-mobile’s master branch does build, however.
>
> i’d like to propose that we do an interim PA4 release based on what is in
> master right now so that it builds against 4.11
>
> the packages being delivered on the most recent MerOS that sports Plasma
> Desktop and SDDM have a build from master iirc, anyways?
>
> Marco, what do you think?

It would be nice.
For this I would like to try an experiment.

Right now there are 8 packages that doesn't build correctly against 4.11.
you can see it there
https://build.merproject.org/project/monitor?project=kde%3Adevel%3Aux

This really soulds like 8 Junior jobs to me.
fixing the build of a package shouldn't be an huge job and less scary than
creating a package from scratch
Any takers?