PA 4 update release?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:56:25 UTC 2014

On Sunday 23 February 2014, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > i'll move those packages to testing, then eventually to stable (with
> > > release iso and all)
>
> Are there any improvements compared to the last stable image? Bugs fixed,
> performance improvements, new features? If there are, could you point them
> out so we can test them? If not, then what is the point of a new release?

no in theory ui wise there shouldn't be any difference whatsoever.
the two differences are just system-wide. it should use kde 4.11 instead of
4.10 as a base and should be possible to install plasma desktop on it (mainly
for other kind of devices that are not tablets, such as the improv)

> > I have installed it in virtualbox and until now found only one bug:
> >
> > marble is crashing.
>
> When I tried to start Marble in live boot, the whole system crashed (the X
> Server died and wouldn't come back). This is reproducible.

ok, i'll see what can be done

> > Maybe there are problems with the mediaplayer. It starts when i click a
> > media file in files, but there is no sound or image.
>
> Playing video and music worked fine on my Wetab.
>
> There is a new launcher "Help", which tries to start KDE Help Center but
> that crashes. Is that supposed to be there anyway?

eh, not really, should be hidden

> Flipping through pages in Okular Active does not work anymore unless one
> zooms in or out first.
>
> These were all the issues I could find, but I think all of them have to be
> fixed before releasing it (for Marble, a possible workaround would be to
> not install it if all else fails).

will see what can be done in okular

(it will just take a while)