PA 4 update release?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Feb 23 13:27:02 UTC 2014

On Saturday 15 February 2014 20:02:37 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2014, 18:27:13 schrieb Marco Martin:
> > On Saturday 25 January 2014, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > hi...
> > >
> > > there were some changes in kde-workspace in 4.11 that breaks the build
> > > of
> > > plasma-mobile. yet another person came into #active on irc tonight
> > > stumped
> > > by this. plasma-mobile’s master branch does build, however.
> > >
> > > i’d like to propose that we do an interim PA4 release based on what is
> > > in
> > > master right now so that it builds against 4.11
> > >
> > > the packages being delivered on the most recent MerOS that sports Plasma
> > > Desktop and SDDM have a build from master iirc, anyways?
> > >
> > > Marco, what do you think?
> >
> > I invite people trying:
> > http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586-latest-devel-20140215.
> > is o
> >
> > it's built from devel
> >
> > if it doesn't have any particular problems (as in, regressions from pa4)
> >
> > i'll move those packages to testing, then eventually to stable (with
> > release iso and all)

Are there any improvements compared to the last stable image? Bugs fixed,
performance improvements, new features? If there are, could you point them out
so we can test them? If not, then what is the point of a new release?

> I have installed it in virtualbox and until now found only one bug:
>
> marble is crashing.

When I tried to start Marble in live boot, the whole system crashed (the X
Server died and wouldn't come back). This is reproducible.

> Maybe there are problems with the mediaplayer. It starts when i click a
> media file in files, but there is no sound or image.

Playing video and music worked fine on my Wetab.

There is a new launcher "Help", which tries to start KDE Help Center but that
crashes. Is that supposed to be there anyway?

Flipping through pages in Okular Active does not work anymore unless one zooms
in or out first.

These were all the issues I could find, but I think all of them have to be fixed
before releasing it (for Marble, a possible workaround would be to not install
it if all else fails).

Cheers,
Thomas