Say hello and last try to wake somebody up

Arnd Diestelhorst kde at hanamana.de
Thu Sep 12 19:12:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

my name is Arnd Diestelhorst, living in Munich, Germany. I am a happy long
term user of KDE and also owner of a WeTab. So it would be very nice for me
to have Plasma Active on the WeTab.

I've been long waiting for this release and now want to try it out.
Unfortunately I can only try what's on the ISO since the registration
process for the bodega server simply does not work. It gets stuck at the
step, where I have to confirm my email address by an http link to
addons.makeplaylive.com on port 3443. I have opened a bug report [Bug
324754] with a wireshark log showing, that this server doesn't accept http
requests on that port. It immediately closes the connection.

Usually when someone releases new software, he is very keen to attract new
users. Therefore I have marked this bug report as critical, but nothing
happens for days.

Now I just found the reason: The email says

> To start using your Make·Play·Live account please confirm your email
> address by clicking on the following link:
>
> http://addons.makeplaylive.com:3443/.....

Change this to https and it works!

Thanks for your great work,
Arnd