PA on Nexus S

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Sep 6 15:37:39 UTC 2013

On Friday 06 September 2013 17:14:22 Daniel Kreuter wrote:
> Hey,
>
> sure why not. All you need to do is to follow the hardware adaption [1] but
> this is no easy task.

Yes, this will probably be the hardest part.

> Currently it's not known how good PA will run on a smartphone, but someone
> needs to do the first step in this area.

Well, I expect it to basically work, but many details to not work well (e.g.
the Add Items dialog won't be of much use if squeezed into a tiny smartphone
screen). And we don't have any phone stack, of course, so your smartphone will
basically be turned into a small, 3G-enabled tablet (3G basically does work,
though, thanks to ModemManager).

If you find out that you like PA, though, you can then proceed to start
creating an optimized version of PA for smartphones. Technology-wise it should
be fairly easy to do since our UIs are very flexible, so it's mainly a matter
of creative UI design.