What Plasma Active 4 offers

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 14:37:29 UTC 2013

On Thursday 05 September 2013, Carl Symons wrote:
> Hello Plasma Activists,
>
> Today is Release Day, and we are finalizing the announcement that will
> appear on The Dot (dot.kde.org)
>
> In the discussion was the following interchange:
>
> Aaron Seigo:
> "what I do wish was in the article was a list of things Plasma Active
> comes with (touch-friendly groupware including email and calendaring; file
> management; etc.) so people don’t forget or people new to it understand
> what is there."
>
> Thomas Pfeiffer:
> Yes. That's also what we agreed on during the release marketing
> meeting, but somehow it turned into a "what's new" anyway. Maybe the
> paragraph should be renamed to "What Plasma Active 4 offers" and
> contain everything important and cool, regardless of when it was
> introduced.
>
> So what should be on the list of what Plasma Active 4 offers?
>
> Time is short. Please reply to the list with your suggestions for what
> should be included.

personaly.. i like already the dot page as it is :p

but, to think about how could be more descriptive, there could be a basic
intro on:
* kontact mobile
* plasma media center
* files
* okular
* calligra

by not even nominating those by name, just an introduction on what they do
(even just bullet points or a couple of paragraphs).

so reading document formats, local storage, tagging files, advantages of a
client side pim app, playing media files...