Last things for release

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 03:30:06 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, September 04, 2013 20:09 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> So, tomorrow is the day we should release pa4.
> * an image can be found here:
> http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-4-i586.iso

needs to be added to the wiki if it hasn't been already. I will do it this
evening.

> * i pushed
> tarballs on upload.kde.org, a ticket is awaiting for final publication by
> sysadmins:
> https://sysadmin.kde.org/tickets/index.php?page=tickets&act=view&id=HKH-5920

> * in case more pretty pictures are needed for the dot:
> http://notmart.org/misc/plasma-active-4-tablet.jpg

added in the Dot story (see below)

> * there was still the open issue of the wording of the website, basically
> the part of companies involved.

previous suggestion, depending on what is happening with basysKom hosting

change from:
The official Plasma Active image is based on <a
href="http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-exopc/tablet/mer/stable/">Mer</a> and is provided by <a
href="http://www.basyskom.com/">basysKom</a>.

to:
The official Plasma Active image is based on <a
href="http://merproject.org/">Mer</a>.

> * Are all articles/all other things ready to go?

The Dot story is ready...
http://dot.kde.org/2013/09/05/plasma-active-4-ready-when-you-are

Should be reviewed for accuracy of information and any
writing/grammar/spelling screwups

I don't think that an announcement has been prepared for
kde.org/announcements. If someone has access to putting stuff on that site, it
shouldn't be a big deal to just copy the Dot story.

I think that the Dot story will probably reach the people we want to have hear
the news.