ownCloud in PA4

carl at vaultechnology.com carl at vaultechnology.com
Tue Sep 3 15:17:54 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-03 05:15, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 13:37:49 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> >
>> > It has to be put into the announcement. The client is ready and
>> works.
>>
>> It does? Dude why didn't you tell us?  I thought it was still in a
>> "basically works, but there is still work to do" kind of state.
>> Is it already in the repos? ownCloud for PA is very important, we
>> must
>> not miss this is in the announcement!
>
> I did, it worked for PA3, I told people here, and the conclusion was
> that it's
> a nice add-on feature, but nothing too central. I didn't feel like
> pushing it,
> I just don't like vanity.
>
> There are reports of people who are running it without problems for
> months,
> and it's running on my laptop for months as well, stable.
>
> The main problem with it, technically, is that it doesn't warn
> against self-
> signed ssl certificates. That would probably needs two or three days
> of work.
>
> In the repos, just install owncloud-client (or maybe mirall client,
> or
> somesuch, and you get a nicely integrated PA sync client.
>
> Cheers,

I agree with Thomas...ownCloud in PA4 is important. I will add it to
the announcement if it's working well for others.

However, I'm having some difficulties with it on ExoPC. I can do the
sign-in. Then the instructions are to click "Finish" to set up synching
locations. But there's no obvious Finish to click and all the text is
overwritten. Installed from scratch with the latest image from notmart.
Any suggestions?

Is owncloud working for other people on the ExoPC?

Carl