Zypper up on stable PA4 image killed Maliit

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 3 10:43:32 UTC 2013

On Friday, August 30, 2013 17:30:01 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 17:21:35 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Friday, August 30, 2013 17:15:29 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > > Thank you. I know that. But how about the average user?
> >
> > Realistically, two questions:
> >
> > - How much of this "average user" are there?
>
> Hopefully soon there will be more average users. We have to tell it then
> and  should know what to tell them in time.

Sure, in the future. This thread is about the upgrade process of people
running PA3 and wanting PA4, so has nothing to do with future users, only with
current users. And I don't think there's a lot of average users around who use
PA for production. I think people who can flash tablets will usually be able to
use a shell for a simple rsync or scp command.

> > - What's the alternative, not mentioning that data will be lost?
>
> The alternative could to tell them to install dolphin or install by default
> and tell them to do a backup with it.

- Install Dolphin
- Plugin in a mouse
- surf to fish://192.168.1.x/..

is not much easier by an order of magnitude. One could, of course, mention
both options.

sebas