Installing PA (mer) on Nexus 7

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 10:06:14 UTC 2013

Dne 3.9.2013 11:33, Matthias Raives napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I recently posted this question to the Plasma Active forums
> (http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=117311&sid=97ffd4496f9b20f2e0cc88d6214ab8ed),
> ans was told to ask here. I've been trying to flash my Nexus 7 with
> Plasma Active using this tutorial
> <https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Community_Workspace/Tegra3/Nexus7/PA_installation>.
> I get to the step where I flash MOSLO onto my device:
>
> sudo fastboot -c "ro console=tty1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4" flash:raw
> boot zImage-moslo initrd-moslo
>
> My computer reports a success, but when I press the power button to
> boot my Nexus 7 into MOSLO, it hangs on a screen showing the Google
> logo and a lock symbol. I don't know what the screen should look like
> when I've successfully booted into MOSLO, but even if this were the
> correct screen, MOSLO isn't exporting the userdata partition to a USB
> storage device.

I've done this several times and it always worked. You have to run this
command in the directory where you have zImage-moslo and initrd-moslo
file or you have to specify absolute path to these files. Like:
sudo fastboot -c "ro console=tty1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4" flash:raw
boot /path/to/zImage-moslo /path/to/initrd-moslo

> More information:
> I am using
> the MOLSO 0.0.15.3 tarball from
> http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/3.0/images/nexus7/
> , and m
> y Nexus 7 is the 32GB 2013 model.
>
> (On a related note, would I be better off trying to install
> Ubuntu/Kubuntu on my device and then install PA from there?)
>

> Thank
> s,
>
> Matthias Raives

Or you have to unlock your bootloader (when you see Google logo with a
lock symbol, because it should be unlocked)

Jan

--
Jan Grulich
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o