archos image

robin spielraum at web.de
Sun Sep 1 13:51:06 UTC 2013

hi,

first of all thanks for supplying an archos image as well.
unfortunately I only get a black screen and nothing else (I at some point
had a working PA3 on the device, so it should be properly set up for the
dual boot).

this is what I have done:

* delete all partitions on /dev/sdb
* make single partition
* mkfs.ext4 -Ldata /dev/sdb1

* mkdir /tmp/tablet
* mount /dev/sdb1 /tmp/tablet
* cd /tmp/tablet

* download the image

* tar -xvf /home/limo/Downloads/basyskom-plasma-active-four-archos-gen9-
omapfb-tablet-mer-release-rc.tar.bz2 --numeric-owner --strip-components=1
* chmod 000 etc/*shadow
* cp /home/limo/Dokumente/Archos/PlasmaActive/archos_backup/wl1271-nvs.bin
lib/firmware/ti-connectivity

* download zImage
* cp /home/limo/Downloads/zImage-for-omapfb-rootfs-on-external-micro-SD
./zImage
* touch ./initramfs.cpio.lzo

* cd /
* sync
* umount /tmp/tablet

* put sdcard into archos, hold power and volumen button
* select developer edition
* -- BLACK SCRREN -- / Power LED Green

If anyone has an idea where I might have gone wrong or if this indicates
a problem with the build, please let me know.

best regards

robin