Files-Folders-owncloud-PA5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Oct 30 20:30:24 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 20:29:48 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2013-10-29, 23:47:43, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > That struck me as well. I've tried to fix it some time ago, but it really
> > is not that easy technically. The synching library and owncloud itself is
> > folder- based, changing that would need very intrusive changes to the
> > system. I'm not in a position to do that.
>
> Couldn't it work with something like:
> - creating a temp dir
> - symlinking or hardlinking the respective files into it
> - sync
> - delete links
> - copy remaining files (new in sync)
> - remove empty temp dir

Possibly, but would I feel really dirty about doing it? Certainly yes.

The nice thing about the sync process is that it's event-driven, you add a
file in one of the synched locations, sync starts shortly after that. No
polling for the local filesystem.

Also, the other way round isn't addressed by it.

If you (or anyone else) want to give it a try, be my guest... :)
--
sebas