Files-Folders-owncloud-PA5

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Tue Oct 29 21:20:07 UTC 2013

Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013, 15:38:08 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> On Sunday 27 October 2013 14:06:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > The best answer to this is to have a generic asset handler that simply
> > downloads files into ~/Downloads, or whatever the most appropriate folder
> > is depending on the mimetype.
>
> In Plasma Active, all things should go straight to ~/ since we don't do
> folder hierarchy ;)
> If we start using a folder hierarchy for downloaded stuff, it becomes
> inconsistent with Files' behavior of just putting everything in ~/

I think, PA4 is not in a state , where we can handle it that strict. There is
at least one important app, that thinks in folders: owncloud. owncloud wants
to sync folders!  It makes no sense, to sync the complete mer folder to
owncloud. I sync the *folders* muisic, documents, pictures ... and all the
folders, i have on my laptop and want to sync to the tablet via owncloud.

There is probably no easy  way to solve it . Maybe there could be a tag "sync
to owncloud" which in combination with other tags syncs to folders on owncloud
without creating folders in PA4. As I wrote, no easy way to get rid of foldes
in PA4. Obviously files looks into folders an presents the conted in another
way.

With bodega, one has to find a solution which works with the web-interface on
every system, which can use it. OnlyAddOn can go another way.

I would like to know, when the PA5 development starts and if it is more than
just porting to KDE5 Framework. PA has to go a long way, until it is mostly
task-centered. What can be the next steps in this direction, what is offer as
long as there is no tasked-centered solution?

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert