Experiences during Bodega partner experience walkthrough

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Tue Oct 22 12:12:20 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2013, 13:47:27 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 09:32:33 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > That sounds rather complicated. I will study the manual.
>
> What makes it easier is that when you create a wallpaper (for example), you
> get the Category drop down in the form. So even though you may not realize
> it requires a Category, you are prompted to select one.

I see that for some assetTypes the Category drop down form is shon. I expected
one for books, but there is'nt any.

> > When sending a request for publishing for an image, there is still the
> > message, that an icon is missing. There is only the possibility to upload
> > sreenshot, which i did, but which is not accepted as an icon.
>
> Turning screenshots into icons is not implemented; you need to provide an
> icon.

I did'nt make myself clear enough. In the form for assetType image one has to
upload a screenshot which i did. When sending the request for publishing, one
gets the message that an icon is missing.

> > I tried to create another account, because i wanted to see what a normal
> > user, who is not publisher, ...  sees. I recieved the the mail with the
> > authentification code, but i gets not accepted. I get
> >
> > "Account activation request not found!
> >
> > The account activation request "346:
> > jvXHeq1Ic1TUbsVBLlg8t66Alx2cWbnGXLXCCYTo" could not be found."
>
> Indeed; I do not see that code on the server. How did you create the
> account, exactly?
>
> I would like to attempt to replicate the problem, but need to know whether
> you created it with the Plasma Active Add Ons client or from
> https://manager.makeplaylive.com or .. (Those were tested prior to launch of
> the new Bodega system ... so any details you can offer would be
> appreciated)

I tried to create it from the login form in https://manager.makeplaylive.com.

Update: although I got the message above, I found out that the account has
been created, when i tried to create a new account with the email-adress i
used for the account, which seemed to be rejected. Curious?

> > When using the addon app with PA4, i do not find a way to create another
> > account because i am logged in automatically.
>
> The only way currently is to click on the ’Account’ button in the lower left
> area of the window, then click Disconnect Account. After confirming, you
> can create a new account or log in as someone else.

I did not try that, because i feared to loose my account that way.

> Patches are, as always, welcome, in case anyone feels motivated to implement
> it before we get around to it :)

I wished, i could do that, but I am still in the beginnings of learning qml.

Cheers

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert