Experiences during Bodega partner experience walkthrough

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 21:18:36 UTC 2013

On Monday, October 21, 2013 20:58:07 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2013 17:40:05 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > Single Asset form:
> > > - What if I use an open source licence not contained in the license
> > > list?
> > > Plus, for works like books or music, I don't think "proprietary" is
> > > commonly used. Maybe use "Proprietary / All rights reserved" as a more
> > > generic term?
> >
> > agreed; fixed.
>
> It still says "Proprietary" only, for any type.

turns out they were all hardcoded in the manager app. i remedied this.

> > > - After selecting type "image" and uploading a PNG, I get the
> > > "Unrecognized
> > > assetType" error as well.
> >
> > should be fixed.
>
> The "Unrecognized assetType" error is gone, but now I get "Error in sending
> your request. Missing required tag: undefined" What does that mean?

it was a broken error message, but the error was correct. this is now fixed as
well. you will need to edit the asset and add author/content rating tags which
will now show up as required.

(you people and your using random asset types you made up :P)

there is a remaining issue i need to sleep on and talk with marco about in the
morning i think. for asset types without tag rules, we’re defaulting to a
‘generic’ set of tag rules. because of this, however, the list of tags are not
being shown for things like Content Rating which obviously won’t work.

i think we’ll need to add another field to assetRules which allows to define
which tag types to fetch all values for. this will allow the client to know
that it makes sense to fetch all Content Rating tags, but not all Authors
(there are some 40k of them).