Bodega server availability for creating assets

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Sat Oct 19 14:32:21 UTC 2013

> > aah, right, wallpaper assets don't have fields to upload icons.
> > now, we could
> > a) modify the client to allow upload icons (looks rather silly tough the
> > concept of "icon of a wallpaper")
> >
> > b) modify the server in such when icons are generated, if none present,
> > use
> > the screenshot and resize it icon-sized
>
> I'd vote for b), precisely because of the argument you mentioned against a).
> For the system it might be called "icon", but for the user it's just a
> thumbnail.
Is there a need for wallpapers, to have icons ( or thumbnails)? Would it not
be easier, when the server would be modified in a way, that it does not expect
an icon,

Until now , i can not bring the request for publishing on the way.

By the way. Why are there no simple assettypes as text, images or file? I
uploaded a mindmap and there no really fitting asstetype.

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert