random idea about OBS packages

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 10:17:05 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I was thinking about how to make the osc integration a bit better, since now
is a bit clunky (starting from the fact the input fields in the upload form
seems to be a bit confusing)

another problem that surfaced is that when there is an update in plasma active
that touches things like kdelibs, it triggers a rebuild of the other packages
as well, changing the build number, making the packageid invalid (i corrected
by hand the two assets interested)

an idea may be:
* the user only inputs the project (or not even that if we force all to be in
a single repo)
* the ackage name (again the obs package name and rpm name are the same in 99%
of the cases)
* the architecturei586,armv7hl (if we still want to be two different assets
for the two architectures)

then the descriptor file on the server is just a template, the actual
packageid should be generated by a command (possibly when the asset is
downloaded, to be really really sure is the newest one)

something like

osc list -b kde:stable:apps TabletReader|grep TabletReader

seems a good base for the job

opinions? comments?