requests for Qt Dev Days assistance

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 15:25:45 UTC 2013

Hello Activistas

Tomorrow I'm headed to Qt Developer Days - North America.

There are a couple of things that I'd like to get some help with...

1.
The Addons app offers search by author, subject or title. Selecting any letter
displays only the first entries. For example, there are 1943 Authors starting
with D; only ~50 are shown when D is selected. The list ends with "Dandin, 7th
cent."

How can the other entries be shown?

2.
PySolFC is an outstanding Solitaire game (many more games and card
configurations than Patience). And it works fine on PA on openSUSE. I've tried
at length to load the game on PA4/Mer, along with the extra cardsets, based on
http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/.

Installation instructions read:
"There is no need to compile anything since the whole program is just a Python
script. Just run it, and that's all.
PySol requires Python 2.3 and Tcl/Tk 8.4 or better."

PA4 on Mer has Python 2.7.3

The PySolFC install script complains--ImportError: No module named Tkinter.
pysol.py looks for that from pysollib/init.py.

It seems like this would be a straightforward install, but I can't get it to
work.

Has anyone loaded PySolFC successfully in PA4/Mer? Any suggestions for getting
it to work?

Carl