Files - Follders and Tags

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Fri Nov 1 20:00:08 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 1. November 2013, 10:29:12 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:

> Tagging is highly dependent on the originating device, though. On the target
> machine, tags might not exist, or might have a different meaning. They
> could connect different assets, and so on. The best you can do, is compare
> the tag names, but that doesn't actually say a lot about the tags. It might
> be enough for most cases, however.

I realize, that its very hard to achieve tagging over devices. But I think it
has to be achieved in the time of synching accross devices. Maybe an addon of
owncloud could do this: Recognizing tags on the machine, which sends files or
changes to owncloud and sending tags to the machine which recieves files. Is
that not importand for other user, especially bussiness users of owncloud?
BTW: The KDE community is known for solving difficult problems. :-)

> > As long as tagging is far from ready, PA should offer fallback lines. One
> > fallback for me is dolhin, allthough it is not touch optimized.
>
> I think you're missing one important thing: If we put Dolphin by default,
> that would make absolutely sure that Files doesn't get any exposure, and no
> fixes. It would also convey the message that we're just trying to ship
> Desktop applications for touch devices, and that is the exact opposite of
> our strategic direction. We're deliberately sacrificing functionality for
> this here. Those that feel compelled, or prefer Dolphin can still use it
> just fine, and I think that's a great asset as well. (We get many useful,
> even if not touch-optimized, apps that way, but they should not be put into
> the spotlight in Plasma Active.)

I can accept this. But then it is important to add missing features to FIles.
I am missing the ability to create documents. When I am in documents, i should
be abble to create a document and so on.

Of course I see, tha develobment ressources are very scarce and bodega and the
porting to KDE 5 framework are more important.

Cheers

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert