Network Management Applet not working

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Thu May 30 12:26:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I hope it is ok that I just split this off from the other thread.

With respect to the network management applet there is the issue that
the popup does not accept user input on some devices.
So far, I am testing with Archos G9 but I assume that this issue also
occurs on other devices.

Marco gave the hint that this is likely related to some window flags.
My first tries with respect to this were to set window flags in the
applet and popup classes in
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=networkmanagement.git . Unfortunately,
without any luck so far.

Marco also suggested to create a small sample app to try different
combinations of windows flags and how they affect the behavior.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to write such an app right now but
I found something that may be useful:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/widgets-windowflags.html
This app seems to be pretty much what Marco suggested?

Do you have any ideas where window flags may be set for applets in the
top bar or the corresponding popups?
Generally, do you have ideas on how to solve the issue?

Thanks and best regards,

Ruediger

--
http://ruedigergad.com