Bugs(?)/Questions in current PA devel & testing

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Tue May 28 06:22:27 UTC 2013

Sorry, am really short of time right now.

On 05/27/2013 07:21 PM, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 27 May 2013 15:49:41 Ruediger Gad wrote:
>> As you can see in the patch there were also some bugs in the code
>> itself. I will try to submit that patch into git if I find the time.
>
> cool, would be appreciated if you can push it :)

Will do, but cannot promise when.

>> Unfortunately, there is still the issue that the network manager applet
>> does not accept input.
>> Do you have any hints on how to identify or even solve the problem, or
>> where the problem could be located?
>
> unfortunately i really don't know, and is a pretty important issue :/

Agreed, I also think it's very important. Maybe Maurice suggestion can
help to workaround the issue? At least for developers it would be easier
to get wlan access this way, it maybe even makes debugging this issue a
little easier.

> but seems quite low in the stack..
> what i think it could be from is from the touchscreen driver, depending from
> either the x11 windows flags, or the window size (like windows smaller than a
> certain size not taking inut? seems utterly weird, but i'm a bit out of ideas)
>
> the weird thing is that happens only with those popus, not any app afaik?
> so depends definitely from one of those two things

Another weird observation: in older images the network manager pop-up
used to work. It stopped working at some time for no apparent reason.
Also, iirc the power pop-up used to not to work (i.e. not accept input)
in older versions but it works now.

--
http://ruedigergad.com