Bugs(?)/Questions in current PA devel & testing

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 27 17:21:34 UTC 2013

On Monday 27 May 2013 15:49:41 Ruediger Gad wrote:
> I succeeded in building the latest devel version in bmo with contour.
> Attached I send you the patch.
> You can get the built version from:
> https://build.merproject.org/project/show?project=home%3Awonko%3Apa-devel-co
> ntour-hack I also attached a .ks file that uses this version.
> With these changes, the devel image boots into the ui as intended.
>
> As you can see in the patch there were also some bugs in the code
> itself. I will try to submit that patch into git if I find the time.

cool, would be appreciated if you can push it :)

> Unfortunately, there is still the issue that the network manager applet
> does not accept input.
> Do you have any hints on how to identify or even solve the problem, or
> where the problem could be located?

unfortunately i really don't know, and is a pretty important issue :/

but seems quite low in the stack..
what i think it could be from is from the touchscreen driver, depending from
either the x11 windows flags, or the window size (like windows smaller than a
certain size not taking inut? seems utterly weird, but i'm a bit out of ideas)

the weird thing is that happens only with those popus, not any app afaik?
so depends definitely from one of those two things

i don't have at the moment hardware that presents that problem, but one thing
that could be tried is to write a small test app with a window with different
possible sizes, different possible window flags combination, to see if one in
particular reproduces the problem reliably