Bugs(?)/Questions in current PA devel & testing

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Sun May 26 06:59:18 UTC 2013

I have some more findings and will try to briefly explain these in the
hope that they are useful.

On 05/26/2013 01:06 AM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday, May 26, 2013 00:50:37 Ruediger Gad wrote:
>> Another thing I found with respect to the devel image is that it is
>> missing /usr/bin/contour which is present in the testing version.
>> I assume contour is responsible for painting the main parts of the UI?
>
> No, plasma-device is. contourd should not be required.

I just gave it a try with a fresh image based on the devel branch.
With the stock image the ui does not come up.
Then I manually copied /usr/bin/contour and
/usr/share/autostart/contour.desktop from the plasma-mobile rpm of the
testing branch.
With the copied files in place the ui comes up as it should.
ps also shows a running contour process.

With respect to the changes in plasma-mobile that lead to contour not
being built:
There is a new automatism that dynamically determines at build-time
whether contourd should be build or not.
There seem to be some errors related to this, at least on arm.
Attached, I send you a diff with from my attempt to let it build again.
Please note that those changes are very hackish and are only intended as
experiments. I am not even sure if QtNetworkManager vs. NetworkManagerQt
is really a mistake. But I hope that it is suited to give an impression
of what may go wrong.
Also note that even though the build progressed more with these changes
it still failed.

I hope you consider this as useful.

BR

Ruediger