Bugs(?)/Questions in current PA devel & testing

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Sat May 25 10:38:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

sorry if this had been asked before.
As you probably know, I created new PA (devel & testing) rootfs tarballs
for Archos G9.
There are right now issues with both devel and testing.

In testing, the network manager applet does not accept input.

In devel, the UI starts, as in, X comes up, the startup sound is played
and the volume setting bar can be shown.
But except that the screen stays completely black.
The lock-screen works and can be triggered via the power button.
Suspend/resume works as well.

Interestingly, when trying to debug this issue I noticed that the usual
startactive log files are not in /tmp.
I could get the log output by changing the /usr/bin/startactive script
to redirect to /home/mer instead of /tmp.
Is /tmp wiped or re-mounted at some time during boot?
Attached, I send the corresponding .log and .env files for reference.

Are these known bugs?
Should bug reports be filed for these ones or do you have hints on how
to further debug or even fix these issues?

BR

Ruediger

--
http://ruedigergad.com