repos and kickstarts for pa4

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Tue May 21 22:59:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Michael Bohlender <
michael.bohlender at kdemail.net> wrote:

> I'm trying this as a live disk on my lenovo s10-3t and notice that the
>> about screen says it's version 3 still, instead of version 4.

I didn't realize how crippled meego is for something like my netbook. Even
though I loaded my wireless module bcrmsmac and got no errors in dmesg, I
can't find a way to create the wlan0 device. So no wifi here. Also, I
notice it takes 8 to 9 minutes to get it to wake up from sleep. I've done
this 3 times, so it's not a fluke .. Also, I tried installing firfox from
mozilla.org, and can't get it to run. Why would anyone with X86 hardware
want to run this crippled meego? I think you should stop producing it.

On the other hand, I tried kububu-active sausy iso from yesterday and it
won't give me a usable screen. It boots to a screen that's divided into 3
or 6 of the same image in each third or 6th of the screen.

It's too bad you can't use the mer from your meego distro with kubuntu.

The mer part seems pretty useful and stable. I didn't have any crashes yet
and the touchscreen is working fine. These are the parts that never work on
kubuntu.