[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Initial Mockup + Git Workflow

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 14 11:56:22 UTC 2013

On Saturday, May 11, 2013 17:34:43 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> I tryed to use Pencil for mockups last week but I was not able to come up
> with something usefull. There are no standard components for plasma active,
> so I needed to build them myself and I didn't have the time for that...  I
> gave it another shot this weekend using qml right away and I was way more
> productive:
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2wLkUtvD4v_SjBnTWx5YklnRTQ&usp=shar
> ing

Looking great already!

Some small bits of early feedback:

* getting rid of all the repeated buttons for delete, etc. in the list would
imho be nice. it's a LOT of visual noise and i'm concerned that on smaller
screens they will take up space from the subject text and even be hard to hit
accurately with the finger. perhaps move the buttons to the mostly-empty
toolbar and require a "select and chose the action" workflow? you already have
this in the mail view (the 2nd) mockup, so .. :)

* in the editor the sidebar is on the right rather than the left like every
other mockup. any reason for that?