New MobileComponents Time and Date Picker

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 16:23:45 UTC 2013

That would be a great idea. I'd love to try it out in action!

> Meanwhile, I might do a quick "paper prototype" test with a few friends and
> colleagues with just the screenshot, and you can do so as well: Just show
> it
> to them and ask them "If you wanted to change the time/date, what would you
> do?".
> - If they don't know what to do at all, you're in trouble ;)
> - If everyone would use the up-down buttons, that would be better than
> nothing, but not exactly what we aim for.
> - If everyone would try turning the wheel, we'd be almost where we want to
> be.
> - If they'd generally use the wheel, but use the buttons for fine
> adjustments,
> you'd have hit bulls-eye ;)

I never thought of a paper prototype for testing.
The idea of a "wheel" in this flat design is only really visible if you see
the constantly moving "seconds" wheel.
So: no movement -> no idea of a turning wheel -> no turning the wheel and
just taping.
At least that is what I imagine. I'd love to be proven wrong here.

 > > Pushing to git.kde.org is not possible because I don't have a KDE
> > > Contributor Account.
> >
> > that's easy to fix ;)
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_Contributor_Account
>
> Yes, and you'd need a contributor account for your GSoC work anyway,
> wouldn't
> you?

Yes indeed. I will submit my Contributor Account application today.

@Thomas: sorry for the spam...