Active Media Center and Active Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 22 13:42:41 UTC 2013

On Friday, March 22, 2013 11:11:03 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> It looks like a lot of the functionality is overlapped.

The overlap is in being able to browse your media in both PMC (plasma media
center) and in the Plasma Active Files application .. otherwise, they are
designed to work together.

The reason one can also browse in PMC is for the reason Thomas mentioned: it's
meant to work not only on devices running Plasma Active, but on the desktop or
even "naked" on a television.

Personally, I also see Files as being more general purpose, where I expect PMC
to evolve into something increasingly media browsing focused.