Networking

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Sat Mar 16 18:24:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04.03.2013 20:40, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Sunday 03 March 2013 10:01:53 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> this morning i expierienced a strange behavior on my wetab, which i updated
>> yesterday.
>> After the update, as i wrote, there was no more networkconnection and the
>> network icon had disapeared. But then something strange surprised me: After
>> waking the wetab up from sleeping, networking was working again. So i
>> updated the wetab and shut it down. After restarting it, no network. So i
>> sent the wetab to sleep and awakened it. Networking worked.
>> As i wrote, i lost networking too on the installation in virtualbox after
>> updating it yesterday. I will look for a way to send PA4 to sleep and see
>> what happens.
> I can confirm Wolfgang's findings on my WeTab. Pretty strange...
Artox found a dangling symlink which is hot candidate for this issue.

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/NetworkManager.service ->
lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service

I fixed the link creation inside postinstall section of NetworkManager
package,
hopefully this will also fix this issue.

Cheers,

Maurice