Kontact Touch GSOC Proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 11:21:07 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 20:20:54 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> In order for this to work, i need to be right about one assumption:
> Can I develop the UI against data that I define in a qml model like its
> done here:
> http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/qml-listview.html ?
> That would be really useful for prototyping.

Yes, we do this fairly often in fact :)

> Please give your honest feedback, especially about the project scope.

I would be happy with even just one application (e.g. mail) in Kontact Touch
getting a successful UI refactoring for a GSoC project. Two might be possible,
but I'd personally appeciate a more detailed scope definition (e.g. which
application(s) you will target in Kontact Touch) along with some prioritizing
of tasks (e.g. if you pick mail and contacts, which would you approach first?)