pa on nexus 7 and now?

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Fri Mar 1 00:02:20 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,
On 28.02.2013 21:36, Daniel Kreuter wrote:

> Ok I finally got pa running. The images on that ftp stop booting when
> they come to X so not usable atm.

to be honest I'm not surprised thats something going wrong with current
images build
from generated kickstart files. It is hard to understand for most of
interested people
why a image what was build ones does not work anymore if you try to
rebuild after
a while. Well it is a bit off topic but those images are build from
parts of three different
parties (PA, Mer and Neno) and they all have different objectives and
moving fast
forward. It is greate to have a single time working snapshot image, but
to keep it
alive over a long time needs much effort and is another story.
However, no reason not to try it but if something is going wrong I will
need at least
information about the image type you have tried. For example the devel image
contain the most bleeding edge stuff all communities, but it is build
straight way
because all parts are build on the same Mer core base and should fit
together.
The testing based images is build in a hackish way atm, the PA and Mer
part is
based on an older proofed version any many parts of Nemo (the nexus7
adaption part) is based on a newer Mer. I think you have faced the X
issue by
trying the testing based image.
To sort the issue out we need Logs, Error messages and some people who
like to
spent some time on maintenance work and give feedback.

Cheers,

Maurice