Nexus 7 images

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Wed Jun 5 19:22:02 UTC 2013

On June 5, 2013 06:03:15 PM Daniel Kreuter wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> can you post snippets of that log file? Maybe Martin has any idea what the
> generic messages mean.
Unfortunately, I don't have that log file anymore, as I've since upgraded my
tablet.  If someone has PA working on the N7, the error messages appeared in
the general log file in /tmp.

Also, I've done some GL work.  The error message was being printed from the
end of the entire draw in KWin, and was some generic OpenGL error.  I was
working on digging into what exactly was throwing the error, but ran out of
time.

If I have some time I'll try working on it again, and see if I can figure out
it's source.  I've played with OpenGL before (but not KWin), and that error
isn't helpful without knowing the call causing it.  I think it was some
GL_INVALID_*.

Also, since you mentioned some crashes, I had hunted down the crash in KDED
and last I remember, Powerdevil caused some GUI to display, which caused Qt to
try and render something using OpenGL ES, which promptly crashed as some Qt(?)
class called Context(?) which wasn't initialized.  That is from memory, and I
was trying to update my tablet at the time I was hunting that down, so I don't
have that stack trace either.

I actually wanted to first get image generation for the N7 stable so I could
more easily deal with it before tackling those issues.  But I never have
enough time :).  I first wanted to deal with SSU as it was causing my images
to be missing debug symbols, important for bug hunting!
--
Matthew