PA4

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Tue Jul 23 21:27:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 23.07.2013 22:32, Ruediger Gad wrote:
> It's "simply" that the nm-applet doesn't receive any mouse events
> after it was opened.
> The icon and the applet seem to receive the equivalent of
> "right-click" events: in both cases the same pop-up menu appears.
> I forced the right click even by tinkering with the button mask via
> some xinput utils.
>
> During the tries to fixing this I played with lots of added debugging
> statements in the involved code.
> QML-wise, the touch events seem to be not forwarded to the QML part at
> all.
> On the C++ side the results are also "strange". It seems like only the
> first key-press is forwarded to the applet and then the rest is just
> ignored/filtered/masked, whatever.

This sounds to me like a might be similar issue which has Marco
workaround by the following
patch for PA3:

https://build.merproject.org/package/view_file?file=use-fake-windows-for-pa3-arm-release.patch&package=plasma-mobile&project=kde%3Astable%3Aux&rev=331c3c1e0bed9d475c544552dc51a951

I do not remember all details anymore, but we had to use a fake window
to get touch events
back on some PA core features on arm and the patch is still in usage.

Just my two cents

Cheers

Maurice