Task Launcher - mockups

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:48:40 UTC 2013

On Thursday 31 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> > > Well, I see that we have to take this discussion one step back.
> > > Both you and Marco mainly criticized my idea of a UI solution, which is
> > > fine and generally useful, but isn't what I really had intended. Again:
> > > The UI is merely an implementation detail.
> > > What we have to decide is: Do we dare the big paradigm shift? Do we
> > > want to
> > > replace "Plasma Media Center" (with its functions to play music and
> > > play
> >
> > about this (to go a while in devil's advocate mode), there is one thing
> > i'm a bit concerned of which i couldn't think about a solution yet (it
> > all depends on how things are done in the end i guess)
>
> It's important to have people which are not easily convinced. By the time
> we have convinced you, you'll have forced us to make the vision much
> clearer than it is rite now :)

being less app centric is something i always sustained, however i also know
there are a lot of ways things can go wrong, from the concept level to the
final implementation bits.
Is something historically scary, since it has been tried several times in
various shapes and forms and never worked, in part because there wasn't the
right technology available (we probably have), or the right kind of mindset
(maybe, just maybe the oss ecosystem may have it as well).

So I'm mercilessy thinking about any possible problem about it, to indeed
avoid those problems.. painful but works :p