repos for devel

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Wed Jan 16 13:48:16 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 07:24:27 PM Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2013 21:47:36 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can get a weekly devel Mer image from
> > http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/deployment/wetab-
exopc/tablet/mer/devel/weekly/

> These images use the Master repository by default (i.e. "always stable"). If
> you want to be absolutely bleeding edge and help testing, after you've
> installed the image, go to Settings -> Development and activate "Enable
> Integration Repository". This comes with the usual hamster eating warning,
> of course.

I did that and now I have a WeTab that won't boot.  It hangs after printing
the "system-fsck" message.  There is something in the integration repository
that is broken.

I'm fairly sure that it's not in the weekly I used (basyskom-plasma-active-
wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130113-2013.iso) because after I installed the
weekly, I set up networking and then I rebooted.  My WeTab booted as expected.

Steps to reproduce:

Install basyskom-plasma-active-wetab-exopc-tablet-mer-devel-130113-2013.iso
Boot
Set up networking
Change settings (I turned off the display blanking and sleeping; set time using
ntp, enabled the ad blocker in the web browser)
In settings, enable the integration repository
Open a terminal
Become root
zypper refresh
zypper upgrade