PA Devel and Integration

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Sun Jan 13 18:31:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

i have installed the devel-image from 2013-1-11 on my weTab and am testing it.
I activated the integration-branch and did zypper refresh and update today.
Everything worked fine. Then I installed dolphin, ark and the plasma-media-
center, which i like very much. I now have more than 300 pictures, 50
documents and 30 songs on the system which i imported via webdav in dolphin,
so i think i give the system a real try.

I can confirm most of the things Marco found:

> * impossible to add resource to an activity,
confirmed

> Panel:
> * invisible kmix and nepomuk icons, seems on ly on the first boot
kmix turned up nepomuk did not. The notify icon is red with a cross and notify
is not working

> * new icon that shouldn't be there, "Import wizard" from kdepim

confirmed

> * Very old problem: some text fields lose focus when clicking on a button:
> probably due to touchscreen driver problems that delivers some unwanted
> click, problem was masked when the keyboard masked input from the whole
> screen

confirmed, that is very bad for the browser.

> Broken applications due to upgrades
> * all kdepim: akonadi crashes on start
confirmed

> * networkmanager is invisible in the panel (has been ported to qml, seems a
> parse error, talking with Lamarque)
on my sytem the networkmanager is visible. That is why i installed devel.

> Bangarang
> * seems to work, but should be replaced by plasma mediacenter

i have replaced it, works fine with pictures, video and ogg-files, but as
bangarang and streming from onwcloud can't play mp3-files.

> Active addons
> * nags with kwallet creation/allow application in the first run (same as
> networkmanager)
I cannot reach addons anymore.

Wolfgang