Problems in activity connection

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Jan 9 19:28:15 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 09 January 2013 11:53:37 Marco Martin wrote:
> > Connecting from the Add Items dialog isn't completely broken on Plasma
> > Active for me. In fact, it does connect them most of the time.
>
> interesting, seems working slightly better than for me so
> is it with just devel or with integrationenabled?

With devel, no Integration.
Currently I don't see any resources on the Activity Screen (since the last
update, they just don't show up at all anymore, no matter how often I reboot),
but resources added via the Add Items dialog show up correctly in Files ->
Current activity. SLC used to work even after the last update, but suddenly
stopped working at all.

And as a "bonus": Sometimes after using SLC, Files crashes. I'll try to find
out how to reproduce it consistently.

> > > This may mean it will be broken as well in the 4.10 release.
> > >
> > > does anybody else that has compiled master or KDE/4.10 experience this
> > > problem? (may be also just my system.. and the active image as well
> > > tough) any idea what it could be?
> >
> > I will test with 4.10 RC2 tonight and report what happens.
>
> in there you can try it either with the dolphin context menu (and
> activities:/current/ url in dolphin) and slc should work at least for
> okular, gwenview and dolphin

Brace yourselves, this is pretty weird:
When I link a file to an Activity using the Dolphin context menu, it links
correctly. The file comes up in activities:/current/ as well as in a Folderview
set to "Show the files related to the current activity".
However, when I restart KDE, the Folderview is empty, but activities:/current/
still shows the files. When I link another file to the current activity, all
files are shown in the Folderview again.

I tried installing SLC using the Chakra Community Repository, but when I add
the Plasmoid, it tells me that several qml files are missing and that module
"org.kde.plasma.mobilecomponents" is not installed. What do I need to get it
running? And the CCR script installs SLC 0.3 from PA3. Would that work or do I
need a different one?

Argh, i hate Nempomuk-related bugs, they are so difficult to grasp!