Problems in activity connection

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Jan 9 10:43:57 UTC 2013

On 09.01.2013 11:32, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> recently reviewing bugs in Plasma Active i seen that the "connect to activity"
> feature doesn't work at all anymore..
> but it actually stopped working in the desktop as well, and seem is broken
> from all possible uis:
> the built in ui in active, the one in slc and the context menu in dolphin.

Connecting from the Add Items dialog isn't completely broken on Plasma
Active for me. In fact, it does connect them most of the time.
I often experience that added resources are not displayed in the
Activity Screen at first, but are displayed after reboot.
Recently however, I experience that about every second boot, all
resources are gone from the Activity Screen, but they're back after the
next reboot.
This looks more like a display than an actual association problem to me.
I haven't used SLC to connect for a while, will have to try that again.

> This may mean it will be broken as well in the 4.10 release.
>
> does anybody else that has compiled master or KDE/4.10 experience this
> problem? (may be also just my system.. and the active image as well tough)
> any idea what it could be?

I will test with 4.10 RC2 tonight and report what happens.