KTp and Plasma Active

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:27:45 UTC 2013

On Thursday 03 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:

> > > devices. However we will have to wait for this. This feature takes some
> > > work to implement and was not scheduled by PlasmaActive team.
> >
> > just wondering: there seems to be plenty of space anyways.. any
> > particular use case for wanting to close the contact list?
> > i can think about very small screens or vertical ones
>
> Exactly, these two ;) It's useless on a Wetab, but on a 7" screen (or even
> smaller if you're on a smartphone) you may want more space for the actual
> conversation and only show the contact list when you actually need it.

hmm, so makes me wonder...
* closing the sidebar is completely useless on wetab size
* on a small, even worse vertical screen, it becomes too narrow to keep open
and still be able to read the messages (there would end up a word per line or
something like that)

so shouldn't it be fixed when the screen is big and just an overlay drawer
when the screen is narrow?
(i think also that some day we'll need to be able to auto change split drawers
in overlay drawers on vertical screens but that's another story)