[Kde-pim] GSOC Kontact Touch

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 12:21:50 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, 2013-02-27, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 26.02.2013 21:27, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> >> And to avoid creating new patterns where it's not necessary, I'd like to
> >> co- mentor the project (as already stated in my previous mail).
> >
> > yeah, i think that would be immensely helpful.
>
> Great! Now we just need to find a mentor for the GSoC project. Marco
> wrote that it would be nice to get someone from PIM as mentor (he didn't
> CC the kdepim list in his mail though, so they don't know it yet).
> Should we ask them if one of them can mentor?

Aaron CCed an earlier message in this thread to kde-pim. I am subscribed here
now as well, just in case :)

I am quite confident that we can find a mentor on the PIM side for that,
potentially even more than one.

On a related note: one thing that I tried (and failed) already last year is to
get someone interested in general workspace intergration for PIM
infrastructure components [1]. IMHO this is even more important for Active
than for Desktop. When being suggested as a PIM GSOC idea it seems to fail to
get students' attention. Any chance someone from Plasma workspaces thinks this
woud be worthwhile?

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] being able to check and control the state of background processes, e.g.
pausing mail fetch, triggering synchronization. Potentially with activity
based policies.

KDE user support, developer mentoring