Archos G9 devel image

Maurice de la Ferté kadava at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 19:36:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 18.02.2013 20:48, Yannick Kiekens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following image:
> basyskom-plasma-active-archos-gen9-omapfb-tablet-mer-devel-130217-1801
> does not appear to boot at all.
>
> Plasma active Three
> basyskom-plasma-active-three-archos-gen9-omapfb-tablet-mer-release
> works just fine.
> Last year running the weekly devel images has worked for me.
> I have no idea if older 2013 devel images work, as my G9 has been in
> repair for several months.
>
> What is the recommended image for testing current development?

the current xserver of Mer project does not work anymore with omapfb and
pvr x11 driver of
archos gen9 hardware adaption project. The effort to update the archos
gen9 pvr kernel stuff
looks too huge. The testing image is still using the old xserver and pvr
should work great
because the suspend issue was solved/work-around by ruediger. I don't
have any archos gen9
hardware anymore and I'm unsure if we should downgrade the xserver
inside archos adaption
project, change to new omapfb only or just stop support for this device.
As work-around to get
latest devel stuff running on your device, just add the following repo
to latest testing based
archos gen9 image (try the pvr one):

zypper ar -f
http://repo.pub.meego.com/Project:/KDE:/Devel/CE_UX_PlasmaActive_armv7l/